Nilkantha Temple is in Mandu, Madhya Pradesh. Central India Heritage site built by Akbar badshah for one of his hindu wife. Structure of temple is not like regular temple but in the central room shivlinga is established. there is natural water body inside of temple. water fall on shivlinga like abhisheka.
Temple is below the ground level, there is 65 step to downward
How to reach Mandavgadh (Mandu)- Nearest railway station or airport is in Indore (96.4 KM).
You can see amazing Islamic Architecture here.
Living With Plants is one of those books I wish I had read before I went out and bought a ton of plants years ago. The result of my over-excitement at the time lead some of them to an unfortunate end. This is one of those books I’ll likely reference for years to come, not […]
via A Guide to Indoor Gardening: Our Review of Living With Plants — Round Two
The Milwaukee Art Museum (MAM) is an art museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Its collection contains nearly 25,000 works of art.It is one of the largest museums in the country.
- Project: Milwaukee Art Museum in Milwaukee,
- WI Construction: Museum renovation, 2001
- Scope of Project: 140,000 ft2 (13,000 m2 ) expansion and renovation Architect,
- Engineer: Santiago Calatrava Distributor: Rundle-Spence Manufacturing Company
- REHAU System Used: Radiant heating (RAUPEX® pipe, compression-sleeve fitting system, PRO-BALANCE® manifolds)
- Website: http://www.mam.org
- Design Architect: Santiago Calatrava,
- Spain Architect of Record: David Kahler, Milwaukee.
- Cudahy Gardens Landscape Architect: Dan Kiley, Boston.
Architect – Jean Francois Koenig Architects .
- Low-impact materials: cproceshoose non-toxic, sustainably produced or recycled materials which require little energy to s
- Energy efficiency: use manufacturing processes and produce products which require less energy
- Emotionally durable design: reducing consumption and waste of resources by increasing the durability of relationships between people and products, through design
- Design for reuse and recycling: “Products, processes, and systems should be designed for performance in a commercial ‘afterlife’.
Websites : Instagram.com, Omarortiz.com.mx & WordPress.com
via Oranges by Omar Ortiz Artista —
Sage Gateshead is a concert venue and also a centre for musical education, located in Gateshead on the south bank of the River Tyne, in the North East of England. It opened in 2004 and is tenanted by the North Music Trust.
The venue is part of the Gateshead Quays development, which also includes the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art and the Gateshead Millennium Bridge.
Sage Gateshead contains three performance spaces; a 1,700-seater, a 450-seater and a smaller rehearsal and performance hall, the Northern Rock Foundation Hall. The rest of the building was designed around these three spaces to allow for maximum attention to detail in their acoustic properties. Structurally it is three separate buildings, insulated from each other to prevent noise and vibration travelling between them. The gaps between them may be seen as one walks around inside. A special ‘spongy’ concrete mix was used in the construction, with a higher-than-usual air capacity to improve the acoustic.
Art Nouveau is an international style of art, architecture and applied art, especially the decorative arts, that was most popular between 1890 and 1910. A reaction to the academic art of the 19th century, it was inspired by natural forms and structures, particularly the curved lines of plants and flowers.
Art Nouveau is considered a “total” art style, embracing architecture, graphic art, interior design, and most of the decorative arts including jewellery, furniture, textiles, household silver and other utensils, and lighting, as well as the fine arts. According to the philosophy of the style, art should be a way of life. For many well-off Europeans, it was possible to live in an art nouveau-inspired house with art nouveau furniture, silverware, fabrics, ceramics including tableware, jewellery, cigarette cases, etc. Artists desired to combine the fine arts and applied arts, even for utilitarian objects.
Burj Khalifa was designed to be the centrepiece of a large-scale, mixed-use development that would include 30,000 homes, nine hotels , 3 hectares (7.4 acres) of parkland, at least 19 residential towers, the Dubai Mall, and the 12-hectare (30-acre) artificial Burj Khalifa Lake.
The decision to build Burj Khalifa is reportedly based on the government’s decision to diversify from an oil-based economy to one that is service and tourism based. According to officials, it is necessary for projects like Burj Khalifa to be built in the city to garner more international recognition, and hence investment.
The Dancing House
This unusual Piano and Violin shaped building built in 2007 ,Created district of Shannan in Huainan City, China.
The transparent Violin houses the escalators and the staircase for the main piano building.